Technically summer isn't over for a little while yet but with school starting back up tomorrow it sure feels like it is done. It is hard to believe that C is an 8th grader already. It seems like it was just a few years ago that she was M's age. What a beautiful young lady she has become too. Last year was a little rough for C and I. But after her dad and I took a certain matter in our hands things have been so much better. That decision was probably one of the hardest one I have had to make so far in my children's lives, but I now feel that it was a great decision. C's relationship with me has been so nice this summer. She has really stepped up as a big sister and helps me out so much, especially when I am down from these silly surgeries. Way to go C. I am hoping that she has a wonderful school year. This will be her last year at BCA, due to financial reasons. I wish we could afford to continue to send her there because it is a great school, but in 2 years she will be driving and we will have insurance to pay. So it is better to switch schools at the beginning of high school.
Little Miss Priss (better known as M) is ruling the roost these days. She has been really good with me while I am down. She continues to talk nonstop and I do mean nonstop. As I am writing here, I am listening to M and C playing in the front room. I love to hear her giggles and see how she follows C around. C went to Myrtle Beach for a couple of days with some friends and came home Sunday evening. M followed C to her room just to "hang". M repeats anything that we say. I have to keep reminding C that some of the things that come out of her mouth are not appropriate coming out of a 2 year old's mouth - ie "Stupid" and "darn" to name a few.
I continue to heal slowly. I didn't sleep much last night but I am hoping tonight will be better. I drove for the first time yesterday to get my monthly bloodwork done. Then the kids and I went out again today going to the dentist, grocery store, and C needed to go to Ulta to buy more makeup. It feels good to be able to start getting a little more normalcy (whatever that is) into my life. My kidney doctor's office called this afternoon to tell me that they are concerned because my potassium is really high. If they can't get it down and keep it down I could have a heart attack. I guess that explains why my heart seems to beat faster (but only in the mornings) and why I haven't been feeling great in the mornings. So tonight I had to drink 4 ounces of some nasty stuff that should bring it down. I see my doctor Thursday morning and they will draw blood again to check the potassium level. Please pray that we get this under control. I know I have been having 3 no-nos since my surgery - raisins, bran, and milk are all high in potassium just to name a few. I have had Raisin Bran cereal nearly every morning since my surgery. I don't think that is the only reason it is high but it certainly didn't help. On a good note my creatinine is 2.7 and that is stable for me. Glad to know that having the old left kidney removed didn't cause any damage to the transplanted kidney. I will take every blessing.
Well, I shall call it a night. Hopefully I will enter dreamland and stay there tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment