Saturday, August 21, 2010

And the Week is Over

Hard to believe another week is gone.  I am doing much better, although still really sore.  I am sleeping better, not great, but at least I am getting some rest.  So it is all good.  Wednesday I finally got out of the house for awhile.  C needed to get her haircut before going back to school.  So we left a little early and went to Target to pick up a few things.  We finished a little early so we stopped by Old Navy so C could look for a new swimsuit.  LaDonna, M and I stayed in the car.  I knew I couldn't stand long in the store while C shopped.  It is so hard for her to find a decent 2 piece swimsuit.  She doesn't like tankinis or one pieces and I refuse to see her in something so skimpy and indecent. She finally found something and we were off to her hair appointment.  She mainly got it "cleaned up", no major changes.  BEFORE we left I asked her if she was happy with her cut and she said she was.  NEVER believe your teenager when they say that.  She came home to wash her hair and try to restyle it and it didn't work and she was frustrated, which in turned made me frustrated (for the next 2 days).  Good thing is she is gone to the beach with friends this weekend.  Hopefully she will have figured out the hair thing by the time she comes home.

C went to a church camp in Tennessee with some friends (the same friends she is at the beach with) a few weeks ago.  She came home so excited about camp and the camp's director - Billy Wayne Arrington.  Well turns out he and a group of people were travelling on their way to NY for a mission trip and they stopped in to speak at our church's youth group.  C really wanted Robby and I to go and hear him - to see why she loved the camp so much.  So as tired as I was after my first day out, we went. And I am glad I did.  He is a marvelous speaker and really gets down on the  kids' level.  He is so honest about his life and what he went through and he came out of his trials.  Amazing!!!

Thursday, LaDonna took me (and M and C) over to Winston-Salem to see the doctor.  I was sure I was going to get my stitches out.  Imagine my disappointment when he tells me they are dissolving stitches and should be gone in 2 - 3  months.  What???  Are you kidding me???  I did find out that pathology came back on the multiple tumors on the kidney and it was cancer.  So it was a great thing that we had it removed.  They said they got it all and I do not have to have chemo or radiation.  Let's hope that this is the last thing that I have to have done for awhile ---- a long time.  I did try on Friday to put on some "real" clothes - not just work-out shorts and t-shirts.  Unfortunately, the longest  scar is right along the waist line and it felt like needles were sticking into my skin.  I will keep trying.  It will have to get better eventually.  I've lost 4 pounds since my surgery but it is probably all muscle because the clothes for sure don't fit any different.

Ladonna is now gone.  We took her  over to Jarred and Crystal's last night after taking her out to eat, thanking her for taking such good care of us.  She was so good to us, cleaning, washing and ironing;  and she took such good care of M and had some great bonding time with C.  If you read this, LaDonna, thank you so much.  We love you very much!!!  M loved her "Donna".  She pretty much had her wrapped around her little finger.  M woke up around 6 this morning and Robby went in to check on her and lay with her.  She wouldn't go to sleep so he came down and around 7 I came down also.  M thought she heard something upstairs and she said "Donna?".  I reminded her that Donna was with B & G (her grandsons).  I am sure she will be asking for "Donna" for quite awhile.

Well, I need to get off now.  Need to get ready to go to Lenscrafters and see if I can get something done to these new glasses.  I can see far away but I can't read the computer or anything else for that matter with them.  Ta-ta for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear they got the tumors all removed and the cancer is not there anymore. And I'm sure C would look good in any kind of suit simply because of the beauty she is outwardly and inwardly! As far as clothes go, I would live in your post surgery clothes gladly! :o) Hang in there sista! We love you and know this time will pass.

    ReplyDelete