Monday, August 16, 2010

Quick Update

I am sorry I have been MIA all weekend.  I am running on just a little sleep. I will be so glad when I can get more than 2 hours of sleep in one sitting.  I was so tired last night.  I went to sleep around 11 pm and was wide awake (hurting) at  midnight. I just knew I would sleep until at least 1.  I ended up coming downstairs for a little while and drank some water and had a couple of cookies.  Laid down and went back to sleep at 2 and slept until 3ish.  Took 2 tylenol and decided I would try benadryl around 3:30.  Four o'clock asleep and awake at 6 am when Robby's alarm when off.  Only 2 hours with Benadryl.... Really???  My stomach and back hurt so bad - not from the incisions - more like the inside and I just can't get comfortable.  Oh well.  tonight is another night.

Saturday was Robby's birthday.  I was so sad that I couldn't do anything for him - even buy him a birthday card.  Caitlin wanted to cook him lunch and she wanted to cook for more than JUST us.  So I let her invite our friend, the McKinneys, over.  She had an appetizer of tomatoes and basel and a bowl of black olives that could be dipped in balamic vinagrette.  Not my cup of tea, but Robby loves black olives.  Then she made homemade ravioli (chicken and spinach), a salad, and bread.  Finally we had an apple crisp for dessert with ice cream.  Yum!  She did a great job and did most of the cooking by herself.  My SIL (LaDonna) was her sous-chef and did most of the cleaning (the house before the party and the kitchen afterwards).  Robby was surprised that the McKinneys came and we had a wonderful time.  I am so proud of my big princess.

I have spent most of the time in the recliner.  LaDonna went to Durham to see her son, DIL, and grandsons after the party and stayed until Sunday evening.  Marissa has been really good with not making/wanting me to do everything.  She understands that Mommy isn't feeling good.  She is talking so much these days.  Yesterday afternoon after LaDonna got here, we decided to go out to eat.  I was ready to get some fresh air. LaDonna was going to fix Marissa's hair in pigtails and was looking for some barrettes.  She didn't like the colors of the ones I had downstairs, so she went up to Marissa's room to look for something different.  Marissa started upstairs saying something about her hair.  I told her Aunt LaDonna was looking for DIFFERENT ones for her hair.  She looked through the railing at me and said "Different, Mommy?"  I love hearing her trying new words.  Communication is definitely getting a little easier with her.

I am going to try to download some pictures today and see if I can figure out how to get more than one uploaded here.  Wish me luck!







No comments:

Post a Comment