After nearly two years of having a babyjellybeans site, I decided to come back to blogspot and post here. I wasn't very good at blogging on babyjellybeans. I think I just got too busy with life with a baby and a teenager to find the time to write. But with so many family and friends living far away from us, I thought I should try to do this again and do it better. So bare with me as I fumble along.
Marissa Mei Grace is now 2 -- and all that entails. Of our three kids, she can throw the "best" tantrum. She literally shakes when she doesn't get her way and she gets mad. It is almost comical to watch. Most of the tantrums come from power struggles. She wants everything her way or not at all. Mommy has decided that these are battles that Marissa is not going to win and she will just have to get over it. If we are out and about, I have no problem removing her from the situation until the tantrum stops. At home, it is actually easier because we don't have an audience for her to perform for. One thing I know for sure is that this two shall pass.
She is talking more and more everyday. I am loving that she is adding more words to her sentences when she is trying to tell us stuff. Simple things like "thank you, Mommy" or "Momma juice now" or she can distinguish between what color pacie she wants - "purple pacie please. "
The oldest child - Caitlin Faith - has turned into a beautiful young lady and really is a big helper to Mommy. In March I had a to have a surgery to remove my ovaires. She really stepped up and helped out with Marissa. It kind of surprised me since she always tells us that she doesn't like kids. But Marissa wanted no one except Caitlin or Shanhui during that time and Caitlin ended up taking a day off school to take care of Marissa. It didn't help that Nana Jean got sick and Papa had to take care of her also. Quite the circus around here as usual.
Now I had surgery again this week on Monday to remove my left kidney and was in the hospital 2 days. My SIL - LaDonna - said that Marissa once again just wanted Caitlin to help her whenever she was around. My big girl showed that she was up for the task. I am so proud of the young lady that she has become.
Well, that is all for now. Marissa is needing some Mommy time and it is too hard to type this one handed. So I will write again when we something to add. Hopefully it won't be too long.
No comments:
Post a Comment