Thursday, August 12, 2010

Two surgeries -- No More Please

As I write this blog, I am sitting here in the recliner with a pillow on my lap.  I realize just how blessed that I am in so many friendships and family members.  A few Sundays ago, my pastor and some deacons and other ladies in  our church annointed my head with oil,laid their hands on me and prayed for me.  What a wonderful feeling that was.  I went the following week to have a CT scan done on my lungs to determine what the nodule was on the right upper lung and to meet with the doctor who would do my surgery on August 9 to remove the native left kidney.  I waited nearly 2 weeks and never got a call from the doctor with the result from the CT scan.  We could only think that had to be good news.  Right?  No news is good news?  Well, during the surgery on Monday, they did another chest xray and didn't see anything at all there.  "Must have been something causing a shadow on my lung" they told Robby.  I choose to see it as God's healing grace and will praise Him for all that He is and all that He does in our lives.

My FB page was full of all my friends and family who were praying for me during my surgery and even the days that followed.  Tears filled my eyes as I realized just what great friends I have and how much I am loved.  Then, my wonderful SIL is here from Arkansas staying 2 weeks.  She flew out here and has been a wonderful aunt to my girls helping out with the big and small things and even more help now that I am home.  God blessed me with a great sister, when he brought LaDonna into my brother's life.  Robby took 3 days off of work and stayed at the hospital ALL day helping me get up to go to the bathroom and to walk the halls.  Most of the time it seemed like he would just get sat down and I would ask him to do something for me  He would always do it with a grateful heart.  Even last night, I would have to wake him up to help me up out of the bed to go to the bathroom.  Poor guys has to be exhausted.  What a man God gave me!!!  On top of all of that, I have a beautiful 13 year old daughter who has really stepped up to the plate doing stuff to help out.  She is quick to jump up and help me lower the recliner and lean it forward to help me get out and up by myself and then she runs back over here to help lift the recliner stool back up.  She made me lunch today.  She cooked supper Monday and Tuesday night for LaDonna and Marissa and herself.  Then yesterday she made a cake for me - 3 layers with each layer a different color - with icing and decorations and even a few blueberries.   I will try to get a picture posted of that soon.  What a great daughter God blessed me with.  So see..... I am one blessed lady today.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Tonja Shelton, you are indeed a loved lady!!!! I am so glad that your surgery went well and that God has healed your lung. I don't believe in luck or things like that either. I believe in miracles and blessings and you have had that happen to you in this case. We love you so much and love the rest of your family too. In fact, we consider you family in our home! Take care and let us know if you need us for anything!
    Susan (Appleton)

    ReplyDelete