No we are not doing anything exciting. I couldn't do anything if I wanted to. But it will be nice to have my hubby at home with him. Tomorrow is his birthday. Too bad I am sick and can't take him out to eat. He will have to take a rain check. I am sure that he won't mind.
Marissa has been a pickle today. I fell asleep while LaDonna and Caitlin were upstairs getting ready for the day. When I woke up, Marissa had a plastic drink glass (small one) and had filled it to the top with Cheerios. How that child did that without spilling them all over the floor I will never know. Of course she could have spilled some and picked them up. I was asleep so who knows!! HA! LaDonna came down and fixed me a sandwich for lunch and Marissa asked for some ham. LaDonna gave her some and Marissa put it on her plate and proceeded to sit down on the floor. She poured all her Cheerios on the plate also. With McGregor around, food is never safe for long. Sure enough he took her ham and she had a melt down.. LaDonna brought her some more ham and I told M that she would have to keep the plate on the coffee table or McGregor would steal her ham again. I kind of dozed again and I woke up to LaDonna telling Marissa that she couldn't keep her plate sitting on the arm of her small rocker. She was going to spill it. Again, melt down. So I gave her a choice. She could sit on the end of the recliner with me and eat it or she could sit in her high chair at the table and eat it. She chose to sit with me. But every time LaDonna even looked at her, M said "no no Donna!"
Naptime wasn't easy either. Poor kid is so ready for her routine to return to normal. Not sure whether I am on track with my recovery or not. I am still weak as water and very sore. Seems like I was up and walking more when I had my ovaries out in March and it was all abdominal surgery. I wonder if this time seems harder because the one big incision comes from the left side around to the back. I don't know. I am just ready to be "normal" whatever that is.
Trying to figure out how to download pictures to my blog. Here are my beauties taking in a little sun at our neighborhood pool. Remember this is a work in progress.

Hey friend! Glad to see your blog and to see you're healing well. Dropping FB makes me miss out on things, but I'm glad to keep up with you here. I better get running as today is our first day of school! I have a third grader! I can't believe it.....
ReplyDeleteKeep healing and resting.