M's personality is really starting to blossom. She will talk to almost anyone. Tonight we went to a pancake supper at our church. She walked up to an older gentlemen in our church, took him by the hand and said "Come on". She proceeded to drag him around the Family Life Center wanting him to play. It was really quite humorous. Mr. Don is not normally the one kids gravitate to. I don't think he was really sure what to do. I was going to go rescue him but his wife, Mrs Linda was laughing so hard about it, that I just let them "play" a little longer. Eventually she left him alone and moved on to the next person. She certainly made her rounds tonight. And have I mentioned that she is talking???? It is so great to be able to understand Miss Priss these days, although a little peace and quiet would be nice every now and then.
She continues to stick things up her nose. She has been picking small rocks and mortar off her rock wall fireplace. Luckily I have been able to get that stuff out...so far at least. Yesterday the left side of her nose kept running and she was coughing, which is usually the sign that something is up her nose. I looked and looked but couldn't see anything. We went to some friends' house for a cookout and had to continually wipe her left nostril. By the time we got home, both sides were running. Now I am thinking maybe she just has a cold. Who knows with this one?
I am sitting here watching her drag her doll house over in front of me and play peek a boo with me while ringing the door house on it. She has make-up on as she was in her sister's room and received a make-over. Not sure I like make-up on my 2 year old.
C went with out church's youth group to the Virginia Creeper Trail to ride bicycles. They rode 17 miles and it took around 3 hours. Don't feel too sorry for her as it was either level or downhill the whole way. She hadn't been on a bicycle in years. In fact Robby set both her bicycle and mine out on the street several weeks ago because the tires were dry rotted from non-use and being out in the weather. She took Robby's bike and it was a little tall for her. She said she had a rough time getting on and off but finally got the hang of it. She says her bottom is pretty sore today. HA!
I went to see the surgeon on Friday and she biopsied one of the nodules on my thyroid. It was definitely not a fun experience. They didn't give me Anything for pain. But Dr. Cannon said it didn't look like it was cancer - none of the characteristics of cancer. Of course, the pathologist still needed to look at it so we aren't 100% sure. But it sounds promising. She told me she would see me in 6 months. Robby says that is good news ..... I have at least 6 more months to live. Leave it to Robby to find the bright spot in everything. One of the reasons I love him. It feels good not to have anything looming in the near future that needs "fixing". I am feeling good. I walked 9 miles total last week. All I can say is "Thank you, Lord!"
No comments:
Post a Comment