Sunday, November 14, 2010

What's Up, Buttercup?

I stole this title from my friend, Cindy.  I hope you don't mind... if you do, too bad.  She used this a lot while we were in China adding to our families.  I thought it would be a good title for today's blog entry as I am trying to catch everyone up on what is going on with the Shelton clan.

A couple of weeks ago, I got to babysit twin girls who go to our church for half the day.  They are almost 18 months old and are just adorable.  I was glad that I was able to help out.  But whew!  I have a new respect for their mom.  Since M is not quite 2 1/2 yet, it was almost like having triplets in this house.  "A" is the more dominant of the 2 girls and therefore the one whom M fought with the  most.  M wasn't really into letting these girls play with her toys at first and she definitely didn't want to share her Momma.  I only had them by myself for a couple of hours.  We went to the neighborhood playgroup for the last half of their stay with me, so I had a lot of moms to help me.  

"A"

"J"
I will go ahead and tell on myself so that you guys know how ditzy I am these days.  The day before I picked up C and the other kids that I carpool home from school.  I had a dozen things on my mind as I pulled into the garage, including getting all of my stuff ready for Cubbies, getting us fed, and C back to the church by 6 for sign language/music practice.  I ran into the house and started rushing around, Robby came home, and we hopped into his truck and was gone again.  So Thursday morning, I called my neighbor (who also goes to playgroup) and asked her to come to the house and ride with me so she could help out with the twins since I didn't have car seats for them.  Before you ask, I only had to go around the corner to the playgroup, but it was raining so I couldn't walk with them.  Anyway, I went to get my keys from my purse and they weren't there.  I searched all over the house and then had this sick feeling as I didn't remember getting them out of the ignition.  Because we drive with our headlights on all the time, with the keys STILL in the ignition my battery was now dead.  This is the SECOND time I have pulled this stupid stunt.  So I had to call my neighbor to drive and call Robby and tell him what had happened.  He was so busy at work but came home anyway and jumped the car.  He really loves me because he wasn't even mad at his stupid wife.  Ugh!!!!  I was so stressed though.


M wanted Robby and I to take pictures of her.  She gave Robby her camera (an old one that no longer works) and gave me my camera and started saying cheese.  What a ham!  This went on forever or so it seemed.
I have no idea who taught my little one to do this.  Yuck!  She is learning so much stuff these days it is scarey.  Her personality is really starting to show.  Yesterday we drove a friend to Raleigh to get her car that had been worked on.  We stopped and ate lunch on the way home and M didn't eat anything.  On the way home, she asked for a sucker and I told her no because she didn't her lunch.  She put her hands together and cocked her head to the side and said "Please!" Where does she learn these things.  By the way, the answer was still no.  She also makes the funniest faces.

Here is her thoughtful face...as she says "Hmmmm" when she needs to make a decision.

She loves books.  I hope my joy of reading passes onto her.  Of course, C  loved them when she was little too.   Now she rarely picks up a book to read unless it is for school.  We were just discussing today that she has NEVER finished a book - except maybe when she was younger.

M loves to mimic anything I do.  She gets her little ironing board and iron out and sets it up beside mine and irons her "blankie".  She also will get her vacuum out and vacuum while I do my household chores.  It will be nice when she can really do some stuff.  HA!

This is what happens when you run into Sears and leave Big Sis watching Little Sis in the car.  M wanted to see my lipstick case and C handed it to her, not looking to see if there was any lipstick in there.  Hmmm.......


My BCA cheerleader.  Last week was Spirit week at school.  Friday was wear the school colors day so the cheerleaders were able to wear their uniforms for the first time.  Basketball games start next week.  Let the busyness begin!

M sees Momma wear her glasses on her head and she has to be just like me.  Hope my hair looks better with mine!  She was eating baked potato or supposed to be.  I had to bribe her with chocolate to get her to finish it.

Finally, I need to tell you about our newest struggle.  We are trying to break her from her pacie.  So when she woke up today I told her that she needed to leave her pacie in her bed.  She threw it down and we spent the next several hours playing and everything was good.  Then she asked for pacie and went into meltdown mode when I told her that pacie had to stay in her bed.  Oh boy!  I finally sidetracked her and took her outside to swing.  Of course, we weren't in the house for 30 minutes before she started asking again.  Luckily we had to get ready for church and we left without pacie.  She asked a few more times but not more melt downs.  But she was sure happy to finally get it at bedtime.  Tomorrow is another day!


No comments:

Post a Comment