Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

What a busy weekend... Halloween parties, birthday parties, trick or treating!!  As fun as it is to see my girls all dressed up in their costumes, I am glad that Halloween is over.  Now if I could just get rid of all the candy in the house, I would be doing great.  Our neighborhood has a Halloween party for the kids including a costume judging contest.  Last year, M won in her little ladybug outfit.  But this year, she was invited to a birthday party that happened at the same time.  I chose to take her to the birthday at The Little Gym because I thought she would have more fun there, since she is not quite big enough for the crafts yet.  And she did have fun..... right up until she and another boy crashed into each other.  Then she was done and wanted to go home.  She was okay...  no harm or boo boos.

C went to a party on Saturday night with some friends from her school.  Alamance County, which is where Burlington is, trick or treated on Saturday night.  So the kids from the party trick or treated while also doing a scavenger hunt.  It sounded like she had a lot of fun.  She dressed as a nerd this year and was quite funny.  She is still a cute nerd!


My two girls ready to go trick or treating, on Sunday night, which is when Guilford County (our county) chose to trick or treat.  I think it would have been so much easier if these two counties would have chosen to do this on the same night.  KInd of made it a long Halloween!  At first our neighborhood was going to have ours on Saturday night.  I knew that if this happened we would probably have kids both  nights.  I guess they figured this out too, because they changed it to Sunday night a few days after the original decision was made.

My pictures are out of order.  This next picture was actually taken on Wednesday night.  We had trunk or treat at church after AWANA and Wednesday Night Wave (WNW) was over.  This is  my little Minnie Mouse all ready to go.  I had painted her nose black and drew whiskers on her face.  She thought it was really funny but couldn't keep her hands away. So it was pretty much gone before we even got to church.

This is M's friends.... her Puggle friends at church.

C and her friend H helped pass out candy at Harvest Baptist Church's Trunk or Treat, since I needed to help M go from car to car.  Ironically I think this little one could have done it by herself.  She loved getting the candy.  She wanted to stick her hand in the buckets and get out what she wanted and how much she wanted.  It was funny.

And lastly here is my little girl doing her thing.  Isn't it amazing how quickly they figure this part out?

Lastly, here is M this morning watching "Dora the Explorer".  She sits in the funniest positions sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment